<< Back to all Blogs
Login or Create your own free blog
Layout:
Home > Being merry in the merry month of May
 

Being merry in the merry month of May

May 4th, 2006 at 06:12 am

I know I am a bit late, but I decided for the month of May my goal is to rewire my brain..bit odd I think, but important.

I read one of Flyladys missions, it suggested we write down those mean thoughts in the head (I'm not good enough, I am terrible at X, Y and Z. I can't do anything right...)

I think what she meant was to rewrite them. And just like my giving up on being Suisie Homemaker I am going to stop yelling at myself for other things I don't do so well, and take pride in small accomplishments that I do well (or big ones!)

So for the month of May whenever I hear a voice telling me I screwed up (which I do plenty!) I am going to look at what I did right, and try to be a better teacher of myself. (Some people call it optimism, hence merry..)

5 Responses to “Being merry in the merry month of May”

  1. Champion Cheapskate Says:

    Don't worry be happy! Enjoy the May flowers Smile

  2. markio26 Says:

    you have to take life with a grain of salt... as long as everything is good 80% of the time, i would not concern myself with the other 20% of mistakes.

  3. PRICEPLUS Says:

    Someone once noted to me that in 100 years no one will much care about the chores I did, the money I spent, or much of anything I did. I take life moment to moment. Granted I have some plans which I am sure make the good Lord laugh. The bottom line is to do the best you can and let it go at that.

    Frankly, after reading your blog, I would have to say that you have got what is important figured out. Don't sweat the small stuff. By the way 99% of stuff is small stuff!WinkSmile

  4. Princessperky Says:

    Thanks! If I quit yelling at myself (and kids) I ddo good, but boy can I be a loudmouth! But this month I am fixing it!

  5. nanamom Says:

    Loud is not bad in and of it self, it's what you say thet counts. In 100 years, there will be people who are grateful for the way you raised their parents or grandparents, to be independant, to love God, to be honest, to keep learning, thye won't remember the dust or any clutter or any of the small stuff. At least I hope that's true cause if someone remembers me with a smile in 100 years (or even 10 to 50) I am hoping it won't be the dust they are smiling about, although there is alot of it around.

Leave a Reply

(Note: If you were logged in, we could automatically fill in these fields for you.)
*
Will not be published.
   

* Please spell out the number 4.  [ Why? ]

vB Code: You can use these tags: [b] [i] [u] [url] [email]